(This post was originally done in 2010 as a quick offering for a group koan salon. I rewrote it in Spring 2014)
|Coffin from Ghana|
|The barn geese with goslings|
- If you think of a time when you have been ill, what do you remember? What was it like? How did it change you?
- Jung said "The Gods have become diseases." If an illness you have had was a god who would it be, what did (or does) it bring you?
- What is sickness for you?
- What are your own personal medicines? What works for you? Have you ever been surprised by something that helped you?
- If you close your eyes and feel your way way into your body what images rise for you?
- If you imagine your body, what comes to your mind first?